Incendium played the role of key strategic advisor to bp for the Vested® agreement with JLL to transform and innovate the workplace.
bp is a global energy business with operations in 78 countries across the globe. bp is constantly evolving and re-inventing itself, part of this is a major change programme ‘re-invent bp’ which will have profound implications on both their staff but also on their real estate portfolio.
- Scope of the project included real estate management services globally and workplace services across bp’s global office portfolio.
- A project was created to develop an end to end, sustainable and innovative operating model for FM and RE services.
- The project’s aims are to provide a safe, reliable, sustainable and innovative operating model whilst providing the extensive flexibility for change that bp need.
Incendium have been bp’s strategic advisor through the duration of the project, including:
- Reviewing existing arrangements for strategy development
- Collating and analysing data
- Market testing to develop options and facilitate the design of a new target operating model for FM and RE service
- Supporting a thorough procurement process, including PMO, technical, commercial and financial support as well as sustainability expertise
- Supporting through mobilisation and transition with the new supplier
- bp opted for a Vested® methodology and procured a Vested® contract with JLL to lead to a better partnership to transform and innovate the workplace
- Data collection and analysis and a deep understanding of FM processes and governance required were key to setting up the project for success.
- The Vested® methodology has been a very useful tool in developing the highly flexible contract required by bp in this era of change.
- We worked in a team of advisors and had to significantly adapt procurement ways of working, as this procurement has been running mostly virtually in the current Covid-19 environment, leading to us developing a plethora of innovative ways of working.