As NHS Property Services (NHSPS) formed, it faced challenges in consolidating accurate and consistent portfolio data. It had inherited multiple information systems as well as inconsistent business processes and standards to effectively manage a 3,500 asset portfolio.
We needed to focus on capturing data and delivering the tools and the organisational capability to manage a complex asset portfolio.
To allow NHSPS to be able to proactively manage its portfolio, ensuring that assets were productively utilised, their value recognised, and any surplus assets repurposed to deliver funds to support front line activities within the NHS.
- Procuring systems at speed whilst conforming to the constraints of formal government procurement processes.
- Simultaneously delivering complex technology and process transformation programmes whilst the organisation was undergoing significant change and restructuring across all functional areas.
- With limited leverage over external stakeholders and tenants the team needed to win respect and trust in order to influence and deliver on their objectives.
- Incendium implemented a range of initiatives over a multi-year assignment to support the NHSPS Board with their transformation:
- Established a PMO team to manage the complex processes of data capture and lease regularisation.
- Sourced a team of functional specialists to support a multi-workstream transformation programme across Technology and Asset Management functions.
- Worked as an extension of the NHSPS and Department of Health, providing executive leadership in the delivery of a number of high profile initiatives positioning NHSPS as a centre of excellence for Property expertise within the NHS.